Friday, August 8, 2008

Mental Things

I've been wondering and pondering alot today, and I thought I'd share some of those musings with whoever is bored enough to read my blog.

To demonstrate just how wickedly expert my mind can be at branching out into a hundred million directions in the space of a moment -

  • India is going to encourage people to start eating rat meat, says the Island paper. Given the rising cost of basic food in SL, maybe Mr. Chinthanaya can add that into his list of 'things to make my people do' too. But that would mean we'd have to catch 99% of parliament and eat them. I don't think Mervin Silva would taste that good.

  • I love a good poo. It's like exercise. There's something so... so... SATISFYING is dispersing of that nice big roll of faeces and having your stomach relax the warm empty sensations it leaves behind. I wonder if they couldn't turn that entire process into a form of meditation. In fact, some of my most peaceful and happy moments have been on the throne in my loo.
  • Heard some folklore in passing which suggested that Ravana (depicted in the Ramayana as the 'demon' king of ancient Lanka) is buried in the forests behind the Sgirya rock. Apparently disturbing the forest in any way will waken him and the battle between Hanuman and he will re-ignite once more. Hmmm... a war between a demon and a monkey... Has the Ramayana's author HEARD of Prabhakaran and Mahinda?
  • WHO out of you in this blogworld actually believes anything printed in the Daily News? You do? Dumb schmuck.
  • I'm learning to love myself and my body more. Obsessing over a pot belly that doesn't seem to care about my depression is a waste of my time. So in a bid to accept it, I have named it Wilbur, like the pig in Charlotte's Web. Wilbur and I are in therapy these days and learning to get along better.
  • If I was born male, would I be gay? I hope so, for the sake of my dress sense.
  • Why is Mervin Silva being let off the hook so obviously, and no one saying anything about it? His punishment is to be meted out by the Gods now???
  • I wish women in this country could move out on their own without having a husband first. I'm dying to have my own place and I can't because of my mother's failing heart at the respectability issues that will arise. 'Moral' society sucks.
  • Someone please advice me on how to go about setting up my own business. I'm at a point where work is starting to feel like work, and that's always a bad thing. I've already got a ready crew of people who've agreed to join me if I do go into biz on my own... but I'd need to buy machines and pay salaries.... and legalize stuff.
  • Sometimes I like to hold my piss in, just to see how strong my bladder and my willpower are. Now is one of those times.
  • Everyone should have a song. Something that speak for you and of you. Mine is an entire collection remix.
I had more thoughts to share, but work just landed on my desk, so they'll have to wait. You're free to go.

6 comments:

eLhamza said...

Rat meat!ewww~
oh i'd love to hv a good poo too.it gvs an awesome felling.lol

Rine said...

Sadly for Sri Lanka, there is absolutely no similarity between Lord Hanuman and Mahinda Rajapakse. Except that Mahinda resembles the missing link. Maybe we should just go and rustle some of those forest trees, to get some help and drive both these demons away.

The Doctor said...

I could go into more descriptive text about the bogging if you like..?

:)

uhu said...

In the process of staring my own thing. Apparently, since of last year, the legal side has become a lot simpler!

you have a wicked mind! love it :)

Sigma said...

Incorporate and registration of the business the first step - would be happy share what I know about it - you have my e mail

{:-)

Jack Point said...

So Freud was right about the pleasures of bogging at least. My experience much the same.