Saturday, September 6, 2008

Afraid? Me?

Aney now see what that Divine woman has gone and done...inspired me with a post subject and made me feel all guilty for stealing her original idea. Never mind... I'm Sri Lankan and I watch Sirasa. Plagiarism is in my blood. But for what its worth:

Disclaimer - the topic of this post was somebody else's idea.

And now, on to all those little things that spook me out. I'm afraid...

... of being boring.

... of the high possibility of never being completely independent and free of obligation.

... of waking up one morning and realizing I made a mistake. A big one.

... of never feeling truly happy.

... of material poverty.

... of my own paranoia.

... of the ocean. (Bet ya didn't know that, eh?)

... of losing my ability to dance.

... of the dark.

... to trust.

... of not finding my passion in life.

... of losing my passion FOR life.

... of facing this judgmental world as the real me.

... of turning into my mother.

... of dying before the world sees me or I see the world.

8 comments:

uhu said...

..."of facing this judgmental world as the real me" I can so totally identify with that! And I suppose specially in our culture grrr%@#!

Anonymous said...

Man, never knew you were afraid of all that! Only fear I have is cop catching when I hit 100 miles (160KM) on my speedometer! Yesterday they followed me a long way!

Sachini said...

"... of turning into my mother"

amen to that. reminds me of rachel from Friends saying "Oh my God. I've become my father. I've been trying so hard not to become my mother, I didn't see this coming." lol

The Doctor said...

To lose something you must already have it. And if you already have well then your halfway to finding out if your really lucky after all.

An alternate and more insightful post would be on what really keeps you going in your life?

In god we trust to lead us to where we need to go...

Lady divine said...

oohhh.... another one has copied..:P

well, I wanted to say that too...

"I'm afriad of turning into my mother"

but now when I get close to it, I always think and move away... then again, I feel messed up so it doesn't really matter for the moment...

Unknown said...

errrrr...I figure there is nothing wrong with turning into your mother... she had kids like you...

dramaqueen said...

su- therein lies her shortfall. :)

Doc, you always know how to boggle the mind with your philosophies. Smooch.

uhu,sach and Lady D - glad to know I'm not the only one!

kalusudda - your only fear is a speed cop?!? wow... can I be you?

Anonymous said...

interesting
I have a post of this format too :D
I have a fear of microwaves =/
http://stfallen.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/i-am-afraid/