Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Go Suck An Egg

Last night, I posted a rant on the mis-governance of this country. This morning, I had well over 50 comments on the matter, out of which just 2 disagreed with me, in pure filth. SO, to those two 'learned' individuals who thought otherwise, therein lies my point. You can wear your rose-coloured glasses for the rest of your life, and sing songs of praise to the corruption and greed that runs this country, but please know that I am not alone on the other side of the fence.

That said, I have removed said post, not because I am apologetic by any means (you must be joking... I still stand by every word I said), but because I realized with rest and contemplation that exuding negativity is what got this country into a mess in the first place. And so, since I have nothing nice to say about the administration or you who got so nasty with the biased comments, I am not going to say anything at all. You are entitled to your viewpoint, as I was to mine.

I could have gotten defensive, and I could have used intolerance to my advantage. But that would make me another parliamentarian who can't handle criticism. Or a blog reader who can't respect another person's opinion.

9 comments:

Azrael said...

he he :D was wondering what happened to the post. Worst case scenario was that some underworld characters had paid you a visit...:O

Good on ya...

Cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Was wondering what happened to that post, cos it wasn't available for reading.

Unknown said...

Err... But why? Your post was just a reflection of the emotions you were having at that time. Not a reflection you... Blogging is not journalism, it's just amateur rubbish - that's why it's so good.

If they don't like what you write, tell them not to read. Or better, tell them to write their own rubbish. Don't let anyone else intimidate you..

Anonymous said...

Sri Lanka should split like Singapore and Malaysia.

dramaqueen said...

Azrael - The visit would have just proven my point that we're governed by uncouth sleazeballs whose only response to criticism are scare tactics.

r - Thanks. I wasn't intimidated at all... more like greatly amused. Clearly, the comments came from sources that are not worth my time or attention, given that they obviously had no dignity whatsoever, and being affected by them would have meant I had to stoop to their immature levels.

The reason I took the blogpost off was because it was going to unwittingly create a war of its own, and we don't need anymore of that, now do we?

Anon - I don't know if a split will solve the core issues that years of terrible governance has developed amongst the people... it would just increase the divide and hatred, wouldn't it? But then again... it's always better for an incompatible couple to divorce than live in unhappiness...

Azrael said...

@Anon - Even if there is a split, we'd still be governed by the same old politicians wouldn't we? They'll find some other way of fleecing the country and fattening up their wallets.

Anonymous said...

Tharman Shangmuretnam will be Singapore's Finance Minister from Dec 1st. He was the former Monetary Authorithy of Singapore( Singapore Central Bank) Boss. This post was also held by another Jaffna Tamil JYM Pillai.

1.00 USD = 1.44609 SGD up from 1:1.75
1.00 USD = 110.275 LKR

Unknown said...

r:
blogging isnt journalism but its def not rubbish... if you're elitist then you might go as a "citizen journalist"... but otherwise its an opinion of a citizen of this great republic...

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

Don't worry about others say, just pen down your own thoughts.