Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So This Is Christmas

It really is.

Saw his post this morning and had a cunning plan to plagiarize the idea, but bloody RD beat me to it by tagging me anyway. Blast. Foiled. But I have been noticed by the almighty Rythmic, despite him still not having figured out what identity I actually go by -bless his pooing heart- so I will not grumble.

Okay. Back to the point of post. It is Christmas, and what have I done:

(Let me take a moment here to ponder on whether this post should be serious and braggy, or just entertain..... hmmm... .)

  • Saw Egypt. Land of my dreams, etc. It was absofuckinglutely brilliant.
  • Rode a camel. It spat at me.
  • Got myself selected to represent the country in the 'Young Lotus' competition at Adfest in Thailand. Made an arse of myself there, yes... but had a blast doing it.
  • Saw infamous Thai prositutes and strippers up close on Walking Street, Pattaya. Listen... before you ask me why that's such a big deal, consider the fact that I'm nearing 30 and I live with my mother. The closest I've got to taboo is the board game.
  • Moved out of home. Moved back in a day. Because of afore-mentioned mother.
  • Played Maria in the Sound of Music. No, that was not a lesbian statement. I performed the role. I also managed to hold a note and I'm quite chuffed at myself.
  • Grew about 4 inches more. Sideways.
  • Lost about a million hairs.
  • Got myself a 4-wheel drive. Named Camilla Parker. All puns intended.
  • Learned to bake brownies. I am now doing it for profitable gains. La la la for me.
  • Cleaned my room. You have to know me to understand how important that is.
  • Costumed 56 children in a musical production. I will never do that again, I promise.
  • Made meatloaf.
  • Saw a ghost. Long story. I'm not sure who was scared of whom, though.
  • Witnessed my paraplegic grandad start to walk again.
  • Contemplated marriage and suicide.
  • Visited Hikka. Hooray.
  • Developed a gynormous crush on Steve Carrell.
Hmmm..... the list is fairly short in comparison to past years. I'm losing my touch. Gasp.
2009, watch out.

I do hereby tag Lady Divine, Thé Doc and Gutterflower.

6 comments:

Lady divine said...

done....

Knatolee said...

And here all I've done is started baking a fruitcake. And I hate fruitcake!

Really impressive list. (I came your way via Surani's blog)

Anonymous said...

rode a camel? nice! llamas are much nastier in the spitting dept though. did you manage to sneak inside a pyramid?

Makuluwo said...

Hallo! Followed your blog from Lady Divine's one and I must say that it is so interesting that I will be stalking it for a while now. :)

And you got spat on by a camel?! :O I think the most exciting thing -I've- done this year has to be just almost running over an old lady during driving class.. :|

Cheers! :D

The Doctor said...

You be tagged : http://zedoctor.blogspot.com/2009/01/them-good-old-resolutions.html

of a cuddlywuddly & a monstrously cute creature said...

i remember the room! :)