Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nevah Evah

I’ve tagged myself. Pathetic, yes, but Lady D was feeling magnanimous and diplomatic, so she went and put up an ‘open tag ‘ policy, so here goes.

I have never :

Told my parents I love them without squirming in embarrassment and wanting to heave afterwards. It’s also pretty darn strange AND comforting to know I’m not the only one on the blogosphere to have never done this.

Had surgery, which I find highly unfair because I think lying on bed for weeks and having people wait on you and bring you flowers is kinda cool.

Maintained my calm at an animal’s death. I can outdo Shakespearean tragedy with my wails and weeps when it happens.

Been really, truly, couldn’t-wish-for-more happy. Bloody elusive bugger, this Joy fellow….

Thought I was normal. Or even close to it.

Been able to figure out which one of my many faces and personas is the real me. And my loved ones think THEY’RE confused…

Stuck to one thing. I think that has something to do with the previous point.

Found my true passion. I envy those who know what they were meant to do and go on to make it the career of a lifetime. I haven’t quite clinched that one yet….

Done drugs. But maybe that’s because I’m naturally quite high.

Believed in the governments of Sri Lanka.

Mastered the art of keeping my mouth shut. You probably already know this. It’s a painful experience.

Liked my neck. It looks like the kind you find on a plucked chicken, all wrinkly and thin. You didn’t need to know this.

Cheated on or dumped anyone. Wait… no… there was that one time that I broke off with my first boyfriend when I was 14 coz he tried to kiss me and I thought that was sick. Does that count?

Gone through a week without a dramatic event worth telling my future grandchildren about. If I have future grandchildren.

Eaten dragon-fruit. But I’m tempted.

Been able to control my bladder at the most inconvenient times.

Been able to tread water. You should see me…. like a drowning rat, huffing and puffing to keep my head above water without sinking like the Titanic.

Understood women.

Okay, okay. I’ll stop before you change sites. Jeez.
I am tagging The Doc and Gutterflower. And anyone else who wants to give it a go.

12 comments:

TheWhacksteR said...

dragon fruit eh? u know iv never been able to figure out what that was? its is a local fruit i dont know the english name of?

dramaqueen said...

Er... not too sure if there's a local name. It's that wierd looking purply red fruit you get at supermarkets... it looks like the offspring of a scandalous three-way tryst between a beetroot, radish and turnip. Kinda sick looking and bloody expensive if you ask me, but I hear it's quite a tasty treat.

Lady divine said...

sha sha!
Dragonfruit... hmm I had once.. was tempted to buy off the fruit counter at Keells in Liberty once.. it was quite expensive! and the inside looks weird once you've seen the outside.. and well... the fruit was... ok...

Sach said...

You dumped your BF because he tried to kiss you? Jeez...

dramaqueen said...

Sachintha - Yep :) I was fourteen... and in my day, at 14 romance consisted of holding hands and giving each other mushy cards. kissing was for adults and too vulgar ro comprehend. :D

Sach said...

Hmm... I think we were in same 'day' I guess. But still... LOL...

PseudoRandom said...

You want to have surgery? Trust me, the hospital stay is overrated. First you have to be in an ICU which is so bloody cold that you can't feel your toes, has no windows so you can't tell night from day, and you have to put up with people standing at your bedside and talking 'over' you, 'cos they think you're asleep/too doped up to respond. Hello I'm here people! And then when you're out of the ICU, they decide it's time to kick-start your bowels again...I have never felt more helpless in my life. I've been wiping my own bum since I was 3 or something and then at 13 I had to lie there while some random nurse wiped away my shit while chatting about the weather. Not my proudest moment!

Oh and I never got any flowers :-(

Spice said...

DragonFruit is quite tasty, no biggi tho. It's soft and white with black tiny seeds inside, and has this waterish light sweetness in taste.
heyy you and I had the same definition of romance back at 14. my poor ex resorted to sort of getting permission from me even to hold my hand the first time. Naive ppl r US eh?

noorie said...

hilarious!!!

noorie said...

I've quoted you. Hope you don't mind. Had me laughing so hard!

Sachini said...

i can't believe i forgot to include the uncontrollable bladder in my post. i have such a weak bladder that i can write a book for other weak bladdered people about travelling around sri lanka with a weak bladder. did you know that the Kadugannawa stretch has no toilets at all? and kiosks everywhere making it impossible to pee on the roadside! i was in hysterics one time.

Knatolee said...

Hey, even *I* have eaten dragon fruit, and I live in Canuckistan!