Saturday, September 15, 2007

Did you hear the story of the Johnstone twins....

I'm exhausted.
Just returned home after finishing off the second show night of the Workshhop Players' production of 'Blood Brothers'... a play that I've been putting the entireity of my time, health, heart and soul into for the last five months. I have the priviledge to play one of the lead roles on some of the nights, and has it been one hell of a ride or what....

Granted, we're not Broadway or the West End... but dammit I'll eat my hat if we don't come very, very close. And its not just a biased viewpoint either. Ask anyone who's watched the show . We received a fabulous standing ovation on our opening night, so that must mean something, right?

I'm not going to yap on about the details of the show... I'm too tired at this point anyway. f you want to know about the storyline, then I suggest you do the intelligent thing and google it. Or better yet, come watch.

What I will tell you is that this production, above all others, has replenished my ardent affection for theatre tenfold. The cast is like no other- united, passionate, committed, ridiculously talented and loads of fun. The director is the best thing that happened to my dramatic endeavours, and my personal idol when it comes to artitic direction. The production per say is one of a kind, and holds its own. It will make you cry, laugh, shiver and ponder on your own life. If it doesn't, then you're probably a goldfish with a memory span of two seconds.

SO get yourself down to the Lionel Wendt theatre before the 23rd of September and witness the show that is Willy Russell's 'Blood Brothers', presented by the Workshop Players.

And if chance decides, you'll spot me up on that stage, giving it my everything. ;)

2 comments:

Lady divine said...

It was the first time I watched drama in this 'land like no other' and Im very very impressed!!!! I loved it! Absolutely loved it!!!!

will try and come to watch again...:-) and you dear chief has got awesome talent!!! way to go madcatlady!!! Way to go!!

*hugzz*

dramaqueen said...

Why, spank you Lady D!
(takes a bow)

Perhaps I made an extra effort to impress you....;)