Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Team Impression


Most people never have the pleasure of a work environment like mine. I thought I'd make all those people jealous by dedicating today's blog to my extended family - my office team.



To put it in a nutshell, my team (Whom I fondly refer to as 'The Imps', given that our Company's name is Impression) is like no other. And I should know, having worked in four other organisations before joining this one. When Impression first started up, I was of the jaded view that there will always be a bone to pick when it comes to office colleagues. I had come from a history of politics, backstabbing, mismanagement, complacency and questionable professional ethics, and I expected nothing better of this place. Four years since, how supremely happy I am to claim that Impression displays none of these.



In one word, my team is awesome. I have never enjoyed spending time with a crazier, more down-to-earth, motiler crew more than I have with these guys. The variety of personalities within the group (and for that matter, within each individual!) would amaze you. Despite the hassles of the industry in which we work, their attitudes and work ethic is the stuff of textbooks.



One of the most important, if not THE most important element in any group is trust. If you can't trust your teammates, then you are, quite simply, fucked. I am quite proud to note that with The Imps, I don't have that problem. I trust them with my life, and I know they do each other. These guys go beyond the call of professional duty to be there for you, every step of the way. Many are the times that my team has supported me outside work, and I love everyone of them for that. I have no qualms about being there for them either, for it is the least i can do in reciprocation.



They're a fun bunch. Not a day goes by without a reason to erupt into floods of laughter inside our office, because invariably, someone will play the jester for the day. More importantly, in the middle of having all this fun, the team is also super efficient and productive in what they do, and we've managed to secure quite a few clients and their faith in us as a result of these excellent internal dynamics. True, they still have a lot to learn (we all do), and are not as experienced in the field as they should be, but man, can they kick professional butt with any competition out there.


We've had alot of adventures together, the Imps and I. From everyday work disasters, unforgettable trips to the great outdoors, insane team member birthdays, the sporadic coffee/shopping/soup outings, sleepless nights and even online social gatherings. It's been one big, bouncy, blissful ride.


I could go on for hours, of not days on each and every person's virtues, but I won't bore you. Besides, one blogpost can't do justice to the colourful personalities I am proud to call my team. I'm just happy I've met them in my lifetime.


Sadly, I'm leaving my Imps towards the end of next month, and I know that's gonna kill me a bit inside. I made a very tough decision to take up an offer that I don't think I'd get twice, as it would help my career by leaps and bounds, but I do know for a fact that there will never be a set of people like this to work with ever again. Ah well... come what may. They've carved themselves a permanent place in my heart, and will forever be some of the coolest people I've ment in this lifetime.


Go Imps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure is.... sure is...the thing is, after my previous work experience, this is a totally different change..
The first day I needed time for everything to sink in... BUT now, every morning I'm thankful that I was chosen to be here coz every morning I look forward to coming to work...

It's great.. I think the people make it great!! and you'll always be the biggest part of Impression!! ALWAYS!!

And yes, One blog post wouldn't be enough to talk about the Imps... and then again, you'll have plenty to say as time goes on..:-)

Wish you all the very best with you decision...hope you do not have to deal with a lot of corporate shit... and remember, we're always there for thee 'my precious'..:-D

SpectralCentroid said...

Yesh yesh, but would you trade them for a beer tap at the lunch room ish the question....