Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Glutton

Bleaurgh. I feel like I'm about to throw up. Wonder why....could it be the onset of food poisoning? Nah. Haven't eaten since last night. The ridiculously abusive hour-long car ride I just suffered at the hands of a colleague whose license should be revoked? I dunno... maybe... but then I've never felt this bad when I've gone in his vehicle before. That time of the month? Possible... but unlikely, given how it usually makes the people around me want to upchuck and not me.

Ah. No wonder. I eat too much. And now the fates have decided to punish my shameless gluttony.

For the past week I've been stuffing my face at a rate, visiting one fancy restaurant after another and having my way with food that have names I can't even pronounce. Perhaps I should tone it down a bit, no? Aiyo but it all tastes so good...

I did the Havelock Bungalow twice over in one week- once with Mummy and again with the BF. Licked my plate clean both times. Lunch at an Uncle's house saw me downing at least three servings of THE most extraordinary Thai food ever (courtesy of his Thai wife). I swear I polished off an entire serving dish full of steaming crab. Then I shovelled down a month's worth of eating at the Cinnamon Grand the next day when I treated mum to the Tabrobane for a Mother's Day lunch. I have never gone wide-eyed at a buffet like I have at the Tabrobane... my tastebuds went numb after a third helping of oysters and mussels in the midst of every other chef's special they had available. I ate so much I had to skip dinner because I was still full six hours later. Last night I went so heavy on Japanese cuisine that even the Japanese diners around me were staring. I am not proud to admit that I may have contributed in a large way to the reduction of marine life. That's what happens when a menu is so extensive that I HAVE to try everything on it.

And now here I sit one week since I started my eating orgy- bloated, gasseous and dying to barf. Serves me right.

I miss my waistline.

5 comments:

Sachini said...

oh my...that's a lot of food :D Sometimes I go absolute nuts and wipe off everything in my plate and whoever else's I'm out with. And then feel sick at the mere thought of what I ate. But you seem to be on another level altogether lol

SpectralCentroid said...

I say, looks like we've come across the first reported case of a food hangover! :)

Jughead said...

Hey, didn't it ever occure to you that the GREAT APPETITE started after your collegue gave the resignation?

I'm sure this is her way of getting back at you for the mail you sent with the intended hidden message. she must have gone to one of those so called Gurus with malayalam hocus pocus stuff and put something in your food.

ha ha you're doomed...so its time to repent for your sins...otherwise you'll keep bloating n bloating n bloating and be like....like......... Obelix.hmm no other name comes to my mind right now.

andfinally ............................................................ just kidding lol:P

Lady divine said...

hey... off topic.. u have been tagged..:D
read me blog..:D

Jack Point said...

ok, here's something to work off that extra food, you've been tagged.