Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Only 10?

Thanks alot Lady Divine. Now I have to put down ten things I really like, that make me happy. And to think I was feeling grinchy today... now you've gone and dangled positivity on front of me... Sigh.

Oh well, here goes. Ten things that make me happy:

  1. Being right. It's a totally awesome feeling to have people gape at you, nodding in agreement in the acknowledgment that you know best. Powerful and addictive, man.
  2. Food. All sorts. But then again, you know that, as does every waiter in town.
  3. The stage. I can't explain why, though... you have to be into it just as much as I am to know what I'm talking about. Getting up onto an empty wooden platform and turning it into a magical world for the benefit of 600 others is a special feeling. And if you're an eternal escapist like me, then forgetting reality and giving your all into becoming someone completely different has an enchantment of its own.
  4. Disposable income. Always a good thing, no? Money doesn't make my world go round, but it's kinda nice to know you can actually buy that really cool outfit or dream vacation coz you have a bit of moolah in your wallet to allow it.
  5. Animals. They never cease to melt me and just one glance at a sleeping ball of fur can make even the most miserable day worthwhile. My cat hates it, however, because I never leave her alone.
  6. Doc's kisses. No, I'm not into my GP, you sick, sick person. My BF, also known as the doc is a master at the art of smooching. Dude... I've kissed men before, but this one can outdo any romantic chick flick. At the risk of embarrasing the pants off him (ooh that wouldn't be too bad either), I will share with you that I am both pleased and sad that no other woman gets to experience those drug-like snogs of his. They are too good.
  7. Freedom. The little bits of it that I have, that is. You should see me take off like a bird when I'm let off anywhere on my own. Travelling abroad on my own are the bestest times I've had... because I don't need to answer to the domestic inquisition or stick to curfews. I am in charge, and the heady sensations of independance, however fleeting, make me feel truly at peace.
  8. Waking up and realizing it's a holiday. Gone are the days when I couldn't wait to go to office and have a ball. Nowadays only sundays are worth waking up to.
  9. Hot chocolate over a good book/conversation and snuggle. 'Nuff said.
  10. Romance. Yes. I am a sickeningly gooey sliver of melted marshmellow under a crocodile exterior. Little romantic gestures, gifts & surprises... bigger exciting gestures gifts & surprises... they all put a huge smile on me ol' mug. I know... pathetic.

Ok LD... you happy now?

Right. Now I'm supposed to re-tag 5 others, aren't I... ho hum... ok, here goes.

  1. The Doc
  2. thekillromeoproject
  3. themissingsandwich
  4. shehal
  5. klutz

So there.

6 comments:

Lady divine said...

shah! good list!! and the next time I see Doc, you know what will come to my mind no!!

Thank you for following her highness' order...:p

Anonymous said...

Being right. Well it can actually be depressing sometimes if someone never listens to you and ends up doing the opposite and you know you were right all the time and if they listened to you it wouldn't have happened and they still don't listen to you! Been happening to me lately.

Dili said...

9.... 9 is pure heaven......

Scrumps said...

10 works for me! :)

Spider said...

hehe.. i agree with you completely on 1,3,4 ,5 , 9 and 10

Gutterflower said...

You've been tagged again. :) Check my blog out.