It got me thinking as all tear-jerking inspirational movies do. Someday I could be terminally ill. Then again, isn't life terminal anyway, given that it's going to end one way or another eventually? That considered, shouldn't we take a page (or in this case a frame) out of the movie and begin exploring our own bucket lists? We have just one life to live....why do we spend its entirety running the rat race and forgetting to actually live it?
And then I thought some more, because I had time on my hands and a considerable amount of boredom to go with it. What are the things I want to do in my lifetime before I go six feet under (or into the belly of a crocodile, with my luck)?
So here, with much fanfare, is MY bucket list:
- To build my dream home. It would be on a misty mountain top, overseeing a range of other misty mountain tops and hide a secret waterfall at the end of it's enormous and lush back garden. It would be made of rock and wood and feature a fireplace, country kitchen and the comfiest bed linen.
- To visit Disneyland again- this time with someone special, whose face I can watch in amusement while he shrieks in excitement at the many wonders the place has to offer, and whose hand I can hold tightly whilst watching the magical parade.
- To open up an animal shelter for every injured, orphaned and destitute creature I see. I shall not limit my patients to the conventional feline or hound... even rats will be welcome.
- To see Greece, Rome and Stonehenge. I'm a sucker for mysteries...
- To enjoy the sensations of an unconditional, exciting love completely devoid of doubts, obstacles and fears. Hopefully, I'm already halfway there.
- To act on Broadway or the West End. Tall order, but it's in he list because there's always possibilities.... and I know I'm good enough.
- To have a face-to-face conversation with Dr. Zahir Hawass. I fear it might be a one way conversation, though... I'd probably be dumbstruck right throughout the session. :)
- To make the world laugh.
- To find myself.
Lets see how it all pans out. I hope I'll have enough time granted by the big guy up there to complete them. Meanwhile, why don't you send me your bucket list?